I am going to apply for a work visa for Germany. My future employer asked me for my university transcripts translated into German. They insist that it should be translated by a lawyer (certified translation) which I assumed that they want me to have notary stamp on the translation too.
I tried to find any lawyer with German knowledge or translation service with notary support in my city (Pune, India).
I don't know any German, thus can't translate it myself. Is there any such service available in Pune, India (or if available online in India)?

  • Is the original in English? It will not be difficult to find a translator in Germany (or perhaps Austria or Switzerland) for documents in English. For Hindi or another language it could be harder, but it is probably still not impossible. – phoog Mar 12 '19 at 22:35
  • You could try contacting the Goethe-Institut in Pune; they may know of a translator and a notary who can do this. goethe.de/ins/in/en/sta/pun.html – Owain Mar 15 '19 at 20:06

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.