My wife (US national) and I (Italy national) have been married for over two years and we are currently based in the UK. Her mom got really sick with dementia and we're thinking of moving back to the States to spend the last few years she has with her. I would like to ask if anyone in this forum has applied for a green card while outside of the States.
I have so many questions I thought I would list them one by one
- How long does the whole process take from start to finish?
- What was your timeline to get the I130?
- How did you get the I864? Did your US spouse have to move to the States before you? If you got the I864 through savings, how much do you have to have in savings?
- Did you get your green card before getting to the States? Or do you have to open an envelope at border patrol only to find out if you have been granted the green card?
- What kind of documents will I need to get if I have lived in 3 other countries in the last 10 years?
Other than all of the above questions are there any other things I should consider to get the ball rolling as quickly as possible?