I will travel to Zurich and I will stay there from June 2 until August 31. I would like some tips that will help me to minimize my expenses and also that will make my quality of life there better.
I believe that from November I will stay for some years in Zurich. Therefore give tips that are useful for tourists and also for residents of Switzerland.
I'm going to put down some tips that I found out on internet because maybe they give you an idea of what I'm looking for.
- It's a good idea to visit Konstanz, which is a city in Germany, to buy food there. By doing this you can save a lot of money on food.
- To save money, it is essential to prepare your own food at home. Eating in restaurants or snack bars considerably increases your expenses since in Switzerland everything is absurdly expensive.
- If you register to Sunrise network, you can get a 50% discount on Halbtax, which is ~160 CHF.
- With Halbtax you get some special offers during winter. For example, you can get a return ticket and a daily ski pass for ~70 CHF.
- The ticket for night buses costs 5 CHF per ride, but if you are registered at ZKB bank, you can get the rides for free. The other most popular bank is UBS, which doesn't charge you for using any ATM in Switzerland.
- Shop at Denner, Aldi Suisse or Lidl Suisse. They are on average 30% less expensive than comparable products in Coop/Migros.
- Don't get your haircut in the city, where you pay at least 45 CHF. In the outskirts (e.g. Urdorf) you can get a good haircut for 30CHF
I have seen some things on the internet in relation to transport in Switzerland. One could clarify which pass would be best for me considering that I will rarely leave Zurich. I would like to leave Zurich only once or twice a month to visit other places in Switzerland and even neighboring countries.