I've applied for an employee's residence permit for a Schengen country and it's being processed. In the meantime I got another job offer from an Asian country which is way better than the previous one and I want to take it instead.

If I receive the residence permit in a few days and cancel it without going to Europe, will it be a problem in future if I apply for a different kind of a residence permit for a different Schengen country?

  • 1
    Long-stay visas and residence permits are issued according to each member state's own rules; they are not harmonized at the EU/Schengen level. So you'll need to state which country you're speaking of. Oh, and you should also ask at Expatriates instead of here; we only handle questions about short-term traveling. – Henning Makholm May 7 at 19:35

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy