My company has its office in Germany and I will be travelling from India for 2 weeks related to work (not merely business meetings). What type of visa I should apply for working there?


Basicly you must apply for a shortime work visa.

It will depend on what type of work you will be doing

  • and if it will entail needing permission from the employment office

which your employer should determine before you make the application at the German Embassy or Consulate.

A summary letter, in German, preferably quoting the responce from the employment office, from your German employer will assist in making such an application less painful.

This is a case by case situation which is difficult for the Cousulate to determine by itself.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.