I'm currently contracting under an umbrella company in an EU country and am considering moving to Norway for an as-of-yet still unknown amount of time but likely between 6-12 months.
I intend to keep working for the same client company in the EU while living in Norway and would most likely be required to fly over on a regular basis, let's say for a 1 week every 2 months.
My client company has a registered branch in Norway with offices in the country.
- Since Norway is in the EEA, I'm an EU citizen and according to this SO, I understand I can work there for any length of time without a visa or residency permit.
- I would assume contract options in Norway are:
- employee (permanent)
- contractor (employee)
- contractor (director)
- Would I need to register with social security for that length of time? See this other SO
- Would I be required to pay taxes in Norway or can I possibly keep in place my current work arrangements? (possibly same as question.1)
- Provided I have to pay taxes in Norway, what factors should I take into consideration (prioritised) to decide on a new contract type? (see assumptions.2)