Am a spouse of an eea family member living in the uk, i have a 5 years family permit. but now i have my own EEA passport(French). what do i do. after 5 years or within the 5 years can i apply for permanent on my own?

1 Answer 1


After 5 years or within the 5 years can I apply for permanent on my own?

You ought to be a permanent resident after five years of residence, even if you changed from being a non-EEA family member to being an EU citizen in your own right.

You should be aware that as a French citizen you have no need for a residence card or for an EEA family permit. You will probably want to be certain when you apply for the EU settlement scheme that your status as a French citizen is clear.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.