(this question was also asked in StackExchange Travel) I found many questions similar but none that directly address my situation.

I am a U.S. citizen. I am a freelance translator who works remotely with companies all across the globe (the U.S., Switzerland, Germany, etc.) and I want to travel, spending 3 months in each country on a tourist visa (Germany, Ireland, Japan, etc.). Can I legally keep working from my laptop? I have no employer, and I get paid in various currencies. But I CAN keep my "home base" and mailing address in the U.S. Does this still fall under being "a U.S. citizen who works in the U.S. and is just working on vacation (a long vacation)"? Thank you for taking the time to answer!

  • 2
    You can't do that in the United Kingdom. Working is working. – Michael Harvey Jun 11 at 19:15

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.