I am a Blue card holder. Existing address is printed on my blue card. I am planning to shift to a new apartment. What are the procedures to change the address?

Should take appointment from Auslanderbehörde and submitted application there? How long it will take to get it done?.

Initially it took 6 weeks to get my blue card after submitting my application. Will this be same for updating address also? ( The chip card to be reprinted?)

  1. Yes, you should go to your local Gemeinde or Auslanderbehörde. They will give you a form, and your landlord will fill it out and sign it. Then you take this form back to them.

  2. No, it will take only few minutes. They will cover the old address with a sticker and put the new one. No new card will be issued.

| improve this answer | |
  • Can I do it with new Anmeldung also, instead of filling form with landlord? – Johnykutty Jun 27 '19 at 11:22
  • Also, should I take appointment to do so or directly walk in there? – Johnykutty Jun 27 '19 at 14:09
  • @Johnykutty No appointment is needed, but you might need to wait in the line. – Hakan Jun 28 '19 at 18:37

You need to go to the local Bürgeramt (not Ausländerbehörde) with the signed rent contract. It takes only couple of minutes to update the address on your Bluecard with a new sticker.

| improve this answer | |
  • The question is about updating address in blue card after address registration in Bürgeramt. – Johnykutty Jun 27 '19 at 11:20
  • 2
    I understand. They do it on place. – Ex Patriot Jun 27 '19 at 13:16
  • should I take appointment to do so or directly walk in there? – Johnykutty Jun 27 '19 at 14:08
  • 1
    It's up to you. – Ex Patriot Jun 29 '19 at 6:10
  • Ausländerbehörde will also do it, but Bürgeramt might be easier in terms of getting the appointment. – Andrey Sapegin Apr 1 at 14:00

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.