My Problem: I had a UK driving licence (year 2000) and travelled a lot since ( Europe) so no UK address, now I lost my licence and I am kind of homeless. How can I get my UK driving licence without having a UK address. Thank you for your help.

  • What kind of license do you have now? – DJClayworth Jul 9 '19 at 20:01

You can't.

UK drivers licenses can be replaced, even from overseas, but only if the applicant resides in Great Britain. See this UK govt page on getting a replacement license, which contains this text:

Get a replacement provisional or full driving licence online with DVLA if yours gets lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed...

...To replace your licence you’ll need to: be a resident of Great Britain (there’s a different service in Northern Ireland), not be disqualified from driving for any reason pay £20 by MasterCard, Visa, Electron or Delta debit or credit card provide addresses where you’ve lived for the last 3 years.

Thus, to replace your lost license, you'll have to lie to DVLA about your residence. None of us would recommend that course of action.

  • Thank you David – Weber Jul 9 '19 at 7:17
  • @Weber You're welcome. If this answers your question — even though it isn't the response you wished — please upvote and mark the Answer as "Accepted." – DavidSupportsMonica Jul 9 '19 at 14:36

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.