I have a Canada work permit which is going to expire by august, how many days before work permit expiry i should travel to Canada in order to apply for extension without any problem ?

  • 1
    Why are you not in Canada? How long have you been outside the country? – DJClayworth Jul 9 '19 at 19:58
  • I am an IT professional, as i could not find projects through my employer i did not get a chance to travel till now – nag Jul 10 '19 at 1:34
  • Are there any conditions on your work permit that you’ve not fulfilled, given it seems you’ve not used it? cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=169&top=17 – Traveller Jul 11 '19 at 11:21



"You should apply at least 30 days before your current status expires if you want to extend your stay as a worker in Canada."

| improve this answer | |
  • Thanks C'est Moi – nag Jul 10 '19 at 1:35

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.