I have a Canada work permit which is going to expire by august, how many days before work permit expiry i should travel to Canada in order to apply for extension without any problem ?

  • 1
    Why are you not in Canada? How long have you been outside the country? Jul 9, 2019 at 19:58
  • I am an IT professional, as i could not find projects through my employer i did not get a chance to travel till now
    – nag
    Jul 10, 2019 at 1:34
  • Are there any conditions on your work permit that you’ve not fulfilled, given it seems you’ve not used it? cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=169&top=17
    – Traveller
    Jul 11, 2019 at 11:21

1 Answer 1




"You should apply at least 30 days before your current status expires if you want to extend your stay as a worker in Canada."

  • Thanks C'est Moi
    – nag
    Jul 10, 2019 at 1:35

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.