I'm applying for an EEA Family Permit. My husband is an Austrian national and will be migrating to the UK in the next few weeks. The application process was rather quite simple and easy, but I'm quite confused about one of the documents that they're asking for.

I needs to bring a "The Passport or travel document for the sponsor (my husband) from British Citizen" I have no idea what they could be asking for since I'm clearly requesting an EEA Family Permit and wouldn't be able to do so if I was a British National. I also clearly stated on the application form that I was a Dutch National.

Any clues to which document they're asking for? Is this a mistake?

Thanks in advance

  • Possible duplicate of expatriates.stackexchange.com/questions/17348/…
    – Traveller
    Jul 10, 2019 at 20:28
  • 2
    Possible duplicate of EEA Family Permit Supporting Documents
    – phoog
    Jul 10, 2019 at 20:46
  • @phoog The two links resolve to the same SE:Expatriates page. Jul 10, 2019 at 20:59
  • @David yes, but when the first link was posted, it was not actually possible to vote to close as a duplicate because neither of the existing answers on the other question had been upvoted or accepted. I upvoted one answer so I could vote to close this question as a duplicate of that one, whereupon the system added the second comment above.
    – phoog
    Jul 10, 2019 at 21:05
  • Hi, the problem is that the question that the person asks isn't really resolved. Should I proceed with the application?
    – cruquish
    Jul 10, 2019 at 22:52


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.