I'm going to live in Italy for a year, I already have the relevant visa. 2 weeks after arriving, I need to travel to Germany for 2 days and then come back to Italy; however I wouldn't yet have the residence permit, just the receipt of the permit and my visa. Would I be able to re-enter to Italy since I wouldn't be leaving the Schengen area?

1 Answer 1


Yes, as long as your visa is still valid. I have travelled like this before. I had a Swiss visa and travelled to France without issues.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.