I'm a dual UK/Australia citizen and seriously thinking of moving to UK permanently. I am 57 and when I turn 60 I will be able to get a tax free pension income or a lump sum from my Australian superannuation. The question is, would either of those be taxable in the UK?

  • You say you’re thinking of moving permanently, will that mean you will be resident in the UK under the Statutory Residence Test? litrg.org.uk/tax-guides/migrants/…
    – Traveller
    Jul 19 '19 at 15:43
  • Yes I would be domiciled and tax resident in the UK. I assume the income from my Australian tax free superannuation income would be fully taxable in the UK but I wanted to check.
    – poby
    Jul 19 '19 at 22:48

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.