I am on a Tier 2 Visa working in the UK, my wife and two kids are on the Tier 2 dependant visas.

We had a new baby 3 weeks ago and we got her passport, and want to travel outside the UK. How I will apply for permission to stay for my baby?

  • Why wouldn’t you just apply for a Dependent visa?
    – Traveller
    Jul 21, 2019 at 10:58
  • Please don't type using all capital letters. It's hard to read, and seems like shouting. Jul 22, 2019 at 22:32

1 Answer 1


Your new child should apply for a tier 2 dependent visa:

Apply as a child


You were born in the UK

You’ll get the same permission to stay as your parent if you were born in the UK.

If you’re under 18

You can either:

  • be added to your parent’s next application as a dependant
  • apply separately

To apply separately, you’ll need to know what kind of permission to stay in the UK (‘limited leave to remain’) your parent has.

If you leave the UK before doing this, she'll need to apply for a visa before she can return to the UK.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.