As a primary carer of am EU minor child do I have rights to apply for permit in UK, i leave in Italian residence permit holder and I would like to move to UK by September with a family permit Visa Am a citizen of Nigeria with Italian residence card indefinite leave not Article 10, the EU child is my daughter with which I had with EU unmarried partner so I have a EU permit Visa 6months

  • 1
    Your question isn’t very clear. What is your citizenship? Do you mean you have an Italian residence permit? If so, is it an Article 10 permit gov.uk/government/publications/…? What is your family relationship to the child? – Traveller Jul 21 '19 at 19:16
  • 1
    Is the child a citizen of the UK? Are there any other EU citizen relatives in the child's life? – phoog Jul 21 '19 at 20:11
  • What is the underlying purpose of the move? Eg schooling for the child? eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/… – Traveller Jul 27 '19 at 13:48
  • Finding definitive information doesn’t appear to be easy. This report ecas.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/… 4.15. ...“a young child can take advantage of the rights of free movement and residence. [ ] ...and as long as they have sufficient resources and healthcare cover, they can reside in the host Member State. [ ] such circumstances, those same provisions allow a parent who is that minor’s primary carer to reside with the child in the host Member State”379. Thus, non-EU carers of EU minors derive residence rights from their children... – Traveller Jul 28 '19 at 10:09

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.