I was issued a shengen visa for 87 days to visit my fiance in hamburg,germany but overstayed by 14 days...upon exit immigration stamped my passport stating that I overstayed but let me go...the visa expired on the 9/08/2019 and I left the shengen area a day before....We would like to get married beginning of October .when can I apply for a visa again to go back and what are the implications....any advice is appreciated much...

  • 2
    Are you planning to live permanently in Germany after your marriage, or do you want to get married as a visitor?
    – Traveller
    Aug 10, 2019 at 10:54
  • I plan to live permanently with my fiance after we are married...we already started the process to get married in Denmark but they are awaiting the visa to proceed Aug 11, 2019 at 12:42
  • 1
    If you’re asking when you can apply again to go back as a visitor, having previously overstayed and with a marriage/settlement visa already underway, I would say possibly best to proceed with caution. The authorities might consider that you may abuse a visitor visa, therefore it might be best to await the decision on the marriage visa rather than try to return as a visitor meanwhile.
    – Traveller
    Aug 11, 2019 at 15:57


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.