I am Indian, have currently One-year Resident permit (June 2019-June 2020) in Ireland as a 4-year duration Ph.D. student(June, 2019- June 2023), In this situation, If I accept an offer from Germany, which is also a Ph.D. student position for 3 years, do I need to go back to India and apply for a long-term student visa to go to Germany and start my PhD there, (assuming the fact that I sincerely resign my Ph.D. position here in Ireland)? Or, I can apply for a long-term student visa from the German embassy in Dublin?

PS: I currently possess a one year (Aug 2019- Aug 2020, 90 days at max stay)Schengen Visa from the German embassy in Dublin.


1 Answer 1


Consulates and Embassies in general provide service to any legal resident in a given area, and since you are a legal resident of Ireland, the German Consulate and/or Embassy will definitely allow you to apply for a visa.

You can get information about requirements at the German Embassy in Dublin website.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.