I have a Blue Card issued on (13-09-2018) and valid till (12-09-2022) with residence permit in Berlin. Employer name is not mentioned in the Blue Card and Zusatzblatt.

I'm discharged of my duties from previous employer and now I have an offer from another employer based in Nuremberg.

Should I take an appointment for "Change of Employer" process or "Registration of New employer" at the Ausländerbehörde?

1 Answer 1


As long as you are still registered in Berlin you only need to apply for "change or employer": https://www.berlin.de/labo/willkommen-in-berlin/dienstleistungen/service.245714.php/dienstleistung/326856/en/ If you already moved to Nuremberg and be registered there, than you will need to apply at the responsible immigration office in Nuremberg.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.