After a divorce with an EU national , Ive applied to retain my rights for residence and been granted a 5 year valid Biometric Residence card by UK Home office.

The card I was sent is a residence card for a family member of a union citizen and the type of permit is FAMILY MEMBER-EU RESIDENCE.

Based on Home Office’s letter, I was granted this residence card based on the fact that I had been a family member even though I’m no longer a family member.

My card expires on 2023. I’m a Turkish citizen and a Turkish passport holder . However because of the type of Residence Card I have, do I need to apply for a pre-settlement before Brexit just like any other EU citizens.

I have been and working living in the UK here since Jan 2015 and Turkey is not in EU or EEA.

Any thoughts much appreciated.




Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.