I am an Indian citizen and getting a postdoc offer from BIT, Beijing, China and will be applying for work (Z) visa soon. I wish to take my husband along with me on a dependent (S1) visa.

The Institute is providing me an invitation letter to proceed the visa formalities. They have mentioned my name and inviting me there. Now, to ensure that my husband gets S1 visa (which is for > 180 days) and not a tourist visa (L visa, < 180 days), I am asking them to mention my husband's name as an accompanying person in the invitation letter itself. But they are denying it and citing that generally, mentioning the accompanying person's name in invitation is not applicable.

But, my visa agent is saying that this will bleak the possibility of getting an S1 visa for my husband. Is there any chance to include the name in invitation itself? If not, what can be done from my part to ensure my husband an S1 visa?

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.