I am an Indian citizen pursuing studies in France. Now I got a paid internship in Brussels which will last six months. Currently I am in India and I want to apply for a Belgian visa from India.

I understand that I will be needing a type D long-stay visa. But I couldn't find out what category visa I will need.

I see there's a specific Internship visa category in the website of the Belgian consulate in France but I couldn't find a similar category in the website of the Belgian consulate in India.

I mailed the consulate here in India and they informed that I will be needing "visa D - Single Permit". But the employer has only provided "BIS goedkeuren opleidingsplan". I guess this is not a work permit? Or is this document sufficient to get a "single permit" visa?

migrated from travel.stackexchange.com Sep 19 at 15:52

This question came from our site for road warriors and seasoned travelers.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.