My passport expired and I have to leave the country in a month to attend a wedding abroad.

I am a Green Card Holder, can I leave and re-enter the country just presenting the Green Card or is the Passport a mandatory requirement?

  • 2
    The question was answered on this Travel.StackExchange webpage: travel.stackexchange.com/questions/114487/… – DavidSupportsMonica Sep 23 '19 at 1:49
  • Thanks @David . – Gabe Sep 23 '19 at 2:14
  • 4
    US permanent residents do not need any passport to enter the US. The green card is sufficient by itself. But how are you going to enter your destination country if your passport is expired? – phoog Sep 23 '19 at 2:28
  • Good point..! . – Gabe Sep 23 '19 at 2:31
  • Perhaps it's the country of origin and they have to let the OP in. – DavidSupportsMonica Sep 23 '19 at 2:31

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.