I understand similar questions have been asked before but I'd be grateful for any response specific to my circumstances.

I'm from a non-EU country (Asian). I hold a Carte de Sejour (Passeport Talent: Salarie en Mission) valid till 2022. I left France and will be returning after a year of leaving to marry my French fiance.

My questions: 1. Is my carte de sejour still valid to use to enter France for the wedding? Or do I need to apply for a separate visa? I'm unable to find any info on the prefecture website on whether the carte gets invalid if I leave France.

  1. Can I convert this carte de sejour (passeport talent) to a carte de sejour (familiale) after the wedding?
  • Should we assume that the Asian country of which you are a citizen is one whose citizens require visas for short visits to the Schengen area?
    – phoog
    Sep 24, 2019 at 13:09
  • Yes we require visas for short visits. The original plan was to get a tourist visa for the wedding (providing the wedding as the reason for travel with the required documentation). And then return to my country to get a long term visa. Was hoping to convert my existing CDS to a CDS (familiaile) as it sounds simpler.
    – Rma2019
    Sep 25, 2019 at 7:04
  • When did you leave France?
    – ar5975
    Sep 25, 2019 at 20:24
  • Apologies for the late response. Was travelling last week. I left in Jun2019 and plan to re-enter in Apr 2020. From my online research, I found that regardless of the visa situation, the CDS familial can be applied for only after 6months of marriage - doubt this conversion would work :(
    – Rma2019
    Sep 30, 2019 at 8:41


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.