I'm hoping this is the right place to ask this question (otherwise please let me know so I move it to the right place). I'm Iranian and currently doing a PhD degree in Canada. I might need to do an exchange studentship in the US sometime soon. I had heard that Iranians citizens are exempt from the ban, but I'm wondering if that includes exchange students too (say, for a year of doing research). I'd appreciate if you provide references with your answers as well.

PS: my filed of study is in humanities, if that's relevant.

  • 1
    I think Expatriates is probably the right place (they deal with migration). Travel would be more about the visa and entry processes – Machavity Oct 8 '19 at 18:51
  • @Machavity Not quite. Both Travel and Expatriates deal with visa and entry processes (and other things), but their distinguishing characteristic is length of stay. Travelers stay shorter times, and then return home. Expats stay longer times, up to permanently, – DavidSupportsMonica Oct 9 '19 at 14:03
  • "I had heard that Iranians citizens are exempt from the ban" You mean that Iranian citizens are subject to the ban? – user102008 Oct 10 '19 at 4:46

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy