I have returned to the U.S. after some years living in Germany, and my tax advisor needs a copy of my 2018 Lohnsteuerbescheinigung.

Is there a standard way to request a copy of this from abroad?

I did not receive this from my company since I did not close out 2018 with them. I only worked January and half of February, for which I have both monthly statements.

I have emailed one of the Finanzamt offices in Berlin, explaining my situation, providing my full name, eTIN and my Identifikationsnummer, and offering to provide whatever documents are needed to prove my identity digitally. So far I have not received a reply.

Is there a more standard way of requesting this document?

Is there a way of receiving it digitally, not through international snail mail?

Thanks in advance!

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.