Some months back I was issued a Polish work permit and I used it get a Type-D national visa. After that, I decided to work for some other company (Not located in Europe) and rejected the Polish company's job offer.

I am planning to visit the Schengen region for tourism. Can I use the same visa for that purpose or do I have to apply for a new one?

1 Answer 1


No, since you don't have the intention to use the D-Visa for the purpose which it was issued for (working in Poland), you must apply for C-Visa for a visit instead.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.