I am almost a year in Thailand. I can speak and read a bit of Thai, and I'm learning Thai with a student visa. I generally like this the country and like to travel in it and want to keep doing so with less bureaucratic demands as those inflicted on students.
With the current regulations, a technical college student must extend visa every 75 days, which can take hours, with the long queues in some areas. A business owner must do so once a year.
As Thai law requires at least 1 Thai partner for semi-company, me and a Thai partner could open a semi-company via a Thai lawyer while I get 49% of income and the partner gets 51% of income.
As I understand from a local lawyer I consulted, the procedure includes:
- Debt free agreement: Debts of any partner would not be bestowed upon another partner
- Business agreement: Probably declarations regarding opening of the business
- Free responsibility agreement: Probably each partner declares partnership was done based on free will and enough contemplation
- Share holders agreement: Probably declarations regarding profit distribution
- Sales agreement (I don't know what it means)
How complex and how costly should opening a business (semi-company) be approximately?