I'm currently living in Italy as PhD student. I aim to getting married, and, then, bringing my wife to Italy. Dos anyone know the procedure? I know she may apply for visa from familiar reasons, and that I need to require a nulla osta in Italy. Right? Can I require the nulla osta before marrying? Because I'm travelling home (Brazil) and getting married there, then returning to Italy.

Can anyone add something to this?


  • 1
    Where is "home"? Nov 25, 2019 at 14:30
  • Just updated, sorry. Brazil
    – user105771
    Nov 26, 2019 at 9:28

1 Answer 1


you need to invite her with family visa, than marry her in Italy. After 10 years you can ask citizenship, but until you are a student she can stay with you in Italy.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.