In the UK for more than a year, working full time. I am a non-EU citizen on pre-settlement status, originally came here as a depended child(over 21) of EU citizens living in the UK. I thinking about getting married to a girl from my original home country. Should we get married in the home country and get a family visa to travel with me to the UK? Is there any limitation, given that I was/am a depended on my father, EU citizen in the UK?

Thank you for all your help

  • Are you still dependent on your father? Are you working or studying or doing something else?
    – phoog
    Dec 28, 2019 at 0:58
  • Once I have joined him in UK, I started working and self-sufficient. I am not sure what that means in terms of my immigration status. I am still under family based permit and have received pre-settled status. Dec 28, 2019 at 1:39
  • @user2288762 What is the citizenship of your intended wife?
    – Traveller
    Dec 29, 2019 at 9:23
  • We are both from the same country outside of EU. Dec 30, 2019 at 15:56
  • Any help would be appreciated. Jan 1, 2020 at 0:31


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.