I am a Canadian citizen and a Canadian resident. I am currently freelancing and my largest customer, a US public company, is interested in employing me instead of a contract relationship. Is there a way to do is? Again, we are already in an independent contractor relationship, I am very familiar with that, I am interested in the kind where you are on payroll, get benefits etc

  • 1
    Are you trying to be in the company's payroll while living in Canda? Or are you planing in moving to the US?
    – IanDan
    Jan 3, 2020 at 23:28
  • Should we assume that the US company has no subsidiary or other presence in Canada?
    – phoog
    Jan 4, 2020 at 0:58
  • Staying in Canada and no presence of the employee.
    – chx
    Jan 5, 2020 at 9:43


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.