How should I prepare the US naturalization interview given that I have been living the last 5 months abroad? What papers should I bring in addition to the basic documents requested by the USCIS letter? Should I hire a lawyer?
Here is the relevant timeline:
- I got my Green Card in early 2008 through my employer at the time.
- Sent my N-400 application form in 09/2018.
- Moved to France for the school year the last week of 08/2019 (this is largely to deal with my Dad's estate. My Dad passed away in late March 2019).
- Received my interview letter in early 12/2019.
- Interview is scheduled for mid-01/2020.
Other information: I have a 12-year old son who is a US & French citizen, born in the US from an American Mom. His Mom and I have been married for the last 3 years and the marriage is going strong, for what it's worth. I have been a stay-at-home Dad since the second half of 2008 and have not had any income during this time. I have a French undergrad degree and a US MBA.