I am an Indian citizen working in Warsaw, Poland. I have a temporary resident card, Karta Pobytu, which is valid until December 2020.

Last month, I renewed my passport at the Indian Embassy in Warsaw. As my current temporary resident card was issued on the previous passport, should I apply for a new resident card, or will my current card be valid? Will I have any problem in immigration if I travel with all passports (old and new) and the current resident card?

A few points related to this case:

  • The resident card was issued until December 2020 even though my old passport was valid until October 2020.
  • My new passport has all the details of my old passport on the back page.
  • There is no mention of passport number on my temporary resident card.

1 Answer 1


Since the Passport number is not contained on the Karta Pobytu, that would not be a reason to have the card replaced.

It would, however, be wise to inform the responsible authority of the new passport.

I am not sure if the should be done at the District Office (Urząd Gminy, Urząd Dzielnicy), to update your registration (Zameldowanie), or the Voivodeship (Immigration) Office

  • possibly both

Replacement or loss of residence card
A residence card must be replaced if:

  • data contained in the card have changed;



  • 1
    Hi, I read the condition that "data contained in the card have changed". However, as passport number was not included in card, I was unsure if I need replacement of the card. I will check with the immigration office. As I was traveling to India soon, I was wondering if immigration will have any problem. Thank you.
    – UserOnWeb
    Jan 9, 2020 at 12:13

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.