My husband and I got our ITA for Express Entry Canada and we were unmarried when we applied for this. And we got married a month before we got the ITA. Now, should we decline my ITA and accept & continue my Husband's application? I being the accompanying person on his application, how long would it take for me to get the PR card? Would the processing still be the same if I were to apply separately?

Please help.

Thanks, Atulya

1 Answer 1


The target to process a FSW application is reportedly 6 month which after, the main and all dependants receive a passport request email (to stamp a visa).

In your case the main applicant should inform IRCC about the change of his/her marital status through web form ASAP and they will ask for additional applicable documents. This may inevitabely increase your time-line (standard 6 month).

The main applicant wouldn’t need to withdraw his/her ITA. If you are required to do so, they will instruct you in response of your web form.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.