Specifically, I am asking about the category "Your immediate family remained in the U.S." My brother and his wife remained in the US during the time I was absent. Note: I am a dependent on my brother. What evidence should I provide to prove that he was present in the US during the time I was absent? Does the following evidence count: his income taxes and W-2 tax form during the time I was absent?

  • Are you talking about the case where you left the US for a trip of between 6 months and 1 year, so you are presumed to have interrupted continuous residence, unless you can prove otherwise?
    – user102008
    Commented Mar 7, 2020 at 7:01
  • More than a year. Yes, the question assumes that I have interrupted continuous residence. So, what type of evidence would count? Commented Mar 7, 2020 at 14:01
  • Well, if you were absent more than a year, then you have definitely interrupted continuous residence (unless you had N-470). The evidence of ties to the US would only help you qualify for naturalization at 4 years + 1 day after returning rather than 4 years + 6 months. Is that what you are trying to do?
    – user102008
    Commented Mar 7, 2020 at 16:47


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.