I am a Turkish national, and I am applying for a long-term (D-type) German student visa from U.K. However, I will not be in the U.K. by the time the visa is (hopefully) granted.

So, in such a case, can another embassy issue the visa when it is granted? Has anybody done such a thing before?

In my understanding, if the German government accepts my visa application, the process of issuing the visa document to my password should be done by any authorized embassy.

  • Have you asked this question of the German embassy or consulate where you have or will apply? – DavidSupportsMonica Jun 15 '20 at 21:59
  • @DavidSupportsMonica I have asked, but didn't get clear yes/no answer, so I wanted to ask to you guys whether anyone has done it, or knows whether it could happen or not. – Our Jun 16 '20 at 9:01

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.