I am an Irish citizen moving to Northern Ireland with my Syrian husband.

He has been granted an EUSS Family Permit to live in the U.K. Does he need an Irish visitor/tourist visa to cross the border to the Republic of Ireland for a short trip? And if so, would he need to post his passport to the appropriate Irish Embassy because he is supposed to keep it on him at all times for identification purposes while in N.I.

Alternatively, is it possible for him to receive a stamp in his passport from an Immigration Office in Northern Ireland? Or to enter the R.O.I in possession of our marriage certificate and passport without a stamp under my EU Treaty Rights to Freedom of Movement?


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.