I'm an Israeli citizen. I need to fill this form regarding some potential income from a US entity (It's the W-8BEN form, "Certificate of foreign status of beneficial owner etc.").

On this form, there's a rubrique, Line 6, entitled "Foreign Tax Identification Number". The Israeli authorities don't ever tell you something like "This is your tax identification number". What should I put in there?


1 Answer 1


For Israeli citizens, the TIN is the Israeli ID number; that's why you've never heard of such a number - there is no different, special number for tax purposes, there's just your ID.

For reference, see this formal OECD document.

Caveat: If you're a resident of another state, rather than Israel, for tax purposes - you will need to fill the information for that state, regardless of your citizenship.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.