What procedures and documents are required to take our 1-year-old child to Italy with us? My wife and I both are applying for a master’s scholarship.

We are from Afghanistan.

  • 1
    What research have you done up to now? Eg vistoperitalia.esteri.it/home.aspx
    – Traveller
    Jul 2, 2020 at 10:58
  • @Traveller i checked the given link.. it says nothing about a scholarship grantee.
    – Afghan Dev
    Jul 2, 2020 at 17:12
  • The webpage says nothing about "scholarship grantee" because "scholarship grantee" is not a visa class. Try instead using one of the "Study" (in Italian: Studio) links, as college or university work leading to a Master's Degree is considered "Studying." Jul 2, 2020 at 21:25

1 Answer 1


If you are simply asking about the effects of having a scholarship, it doesn't matter. For visa purposes you are treated exactly the same as any other student. You should apply for a study visa in the normal way. You tell them about the scholarship as part of explaining how you finance your studies (once you have the scholarship).

You are normally permitted to take dependents such as spouses and children with you when you study, but you will need to make applications for them.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.