What procedures and documents are required to take our 1-year-old child to Italy with us? My wife and I both are applying for a master’s scholarship.

We are from Afghanistan.

  • 1
    What research have you done up to now? Eg vistoperitalia.esteri.it/home.aspx – Traveller Jul 2 '20 at 10:58
  • @Traveller i checked the given link.. it says nothing about a scholarship grantee. – Afghan Dev Jul 2 '20 at 17:12
  • The webpage says nothing about "scholarship grantee" because "scholarship grantee" is not a visa class. Try instead using one of the "Study" (in Italian: Studio) links, as college or university work leading to a Master's Degree is considered "Studying." – DavidSupportsMonica Jul 2 '20 at 21:25

If you are simply asking about the effects of having a scholarship, it doesn't matter. For visa purposes you are treated exactly the same as any other student. You should apply for a study visa in the normal way. You tell them about the scholarship as part of explaining how you finance your studies (once you have the scholarship).

You are normally permitted to take dependents such as spouses and children with you when you study, but you will need to make applications for them.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.