My partner and children are dual citizens in the US and Germany- all have their German and American passports. I am currently SAHM and don't need to worry about employment at this time. We are wondering how taxes would work if we were to move from the US to Germany while keeping my partners US job.

Will we be required to pay both US taxes and German taxes? Or just US taxes/ just German taxes?

We have two school aged children and a two year old and are hoping to send them to German schools. Any information or resources would be helpful. I've looked on different German websites but haven't found anything this specific yet. Different questions on this site talk about US citizens living and working in Germany on work visa but not a German citizen.

  • What is SAHM? Are you a German citizen? – phoog Jul 24 '20 at 6:31

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.