My parents are government doctors and they are going to naturalize as US citizens soon (I am a US citizen and have plans to sponsor them soon, but in the long term, we have plans to live in Vietnam, my "other" home). The Government cuts part of their monthly salary and saves it to provide monthly pension to them when they retire at 64 years of age.

I wanted to know whether they would be liable to file US taxes on their "foreign pension" (like the one I described) when they start receiving it?

  • Like other stackexchange sites, we expect users to research on their own and tell us what they've already done. IRS Publication 54, cited in the answers to your other question, has a lot of information on this subject. What have you learned? – DavidSupportsMonica Aug 8 '20 at 15:00

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.