Is it ok to indicate in good faith a very approximate date of departure, expected length of trip and list of countries when completing Form I-131, Application for Travel Document (mirror) when applying for a reentry permit? E.g., indicating 200 days but instead staying outside the US just for 50 days, or vice versa, and/or indicating countries A and B but instead going to countries X, Y and Z.

I don't see anything mentioned in the Instructions for Application for Travel Document (mirror).

enter image description here

enter image description here

1 Answer 1


Yes, and I believe you can also write "Unknown" or "TBD" if you don't have any specific plans in mind.

  • 1
    This is a reasonable approach. Still, how do you know this, and what is behind "I believe?" Aug 26, 2020 at 17:11

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.