My wife likes to go to US for her PhD degree. I have a programming company in our country that works around AI products. I want to know if we go to US, with F1 visa for her and F2 visa for me, can I participate in Science and Technology parks programs, get accepted my business plan/ideas and change my visa status to entrepreneur visa by creating a new programming/tech company in US?

  • what exactly do you mean by "entrepreneur visa"?
    – user102008
    Commented Aug 30, 2020 at 17:55
  • @user102008: EB-1 or O-1 for example. Commented Aug 31, 2020 at 4:54
  • EB1 is an immigrant category, and includes EB1A for people of extraordinary ability, EB1B for outstanding professors, and EB1C for multinational managers. None of these are for entrepreneurs, unless you are also of extraordinary ability and are petitioning yourself. O1 is a nonimmigrant visa for people with extraordinary ability to work that requires a petition from the company that offers to employ you, and is not for entrepreneurs.
    – user102008
    Commented Aug 31, 2020 at 6:21
  • @user102008: What if I participate in incubators/accelerators programs and get accepted there and get funding, investment for my business idea to establish a new company in US? Commented Sep 1, 2020 at 4:48


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.