I have a US L-2 visa, which allows me to stay in the US and makes me eligible to work provided I have an Employment Authorization Document (EAD). Due to USCIS taking excessively long to process EAD extension requests (it's currently taking 5-9 months when it should take 3-5, and requests more than 6 months before the expiry of the current EAD are rejected), I do not currently have a valid EAD (though I do have a job).

My wife has a job (and can work), so for various reasons leaving the US is not an optimal solution at this point. Is there anything I can do, or am I simply at the mercy of the USCIS?


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.