I am Moroccan. I recently received Italy student visa. I was required to present medical insurance in the application. When I go to Italy, I need to apply for residence permit. To apply, you need to present medical insurance, It s originally in French. When I go, should it be translated to Italian or they will accept such medical insurance in French as well?

  • Medical insurance doesn't have a language per se. I am guessing you're referring to a specific document in your possession but it's important to be precise. It's perfectly possible to have an insurance contract drafted in one language but to have your insurer provide a statement of your coverage in another language (e.g. English).
    – Relaxed
    Sep 26 '20 at 9:03
  • In your case, I don't know if a document in French would be acceptable but more importantly I assume that you require insurance that would cover you in Italy as a resident. Does your current insurance cover that? Does the document you have spell that out in sufficient details (level of coverage, etc.)?
    – Relaxed
    Sep 26 '20 at 9:04
  • @Relaxed Yes. It is valid in Italy. It covers me in Italy. It indicates every detail. But, it is in French. Sep 26 '20 at 19:16
  • It covers you as a resident in Italy? It seems unusual to me (but I upvoted the question anyway). I would still recommend explaining what is in French (i.e. what document you are referring to) and asking your insurer if they can provide something else (if they specifically offer international insurance, they might).
    – Relaxed
    Sep 26 '20 at 21:03
  • @Relaxed Ok. the insurance is valid in Europe. It is an international insurance. I am 100% sure. Now, the question is, if the insurance is in French, would it be accepted in Italy, only as it is in French, not whether it can be accepted in Italy or not as an insurance. The insurance has a bar code for verification. Sep 26 '20 at 21:25

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.