I am a non-EU person with researcher residence permit in Italy. While, my wife had a Blue card in Germany. Though, I can travel to Germany on my residence permit however, I want to apply residence permit in Germany for myself and a residence permit of Italy for my wife.


  • As far as I understood, I can have multiple residence permit, can some one confirm this?
  • Give this scenario, can someone suggest a better option?
  • No idea how this scenario would be delt with. The question that will be asked is why the 90/180 days rule is not sufficient? This question needs more clarification as to why a second residence permit is needed, when the spouse will not be residing but only visiting. – Mark Johnson Oct 9 '20 at 12:23
  • we both temporary contracts, in case of contract completion, the second permit would be helpful to stay with the spouse. – cswah Oct 9 '20 at 12:26
  • 1
    If your contract ends in Italy and the Blue Card contract in Germany is still active a spouse residence permit will be issued. For Italy I don't know the details for researcher residence permit if a spouse permit is automatically allowed. – Mark Johnson Oct 9 '20 at 12:33

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.