Can an Indian national working in UK on Tier 4 general visa use the biometric resident permit (BRP) card to travel to European (Schengen) countries without applying for a separate visa?


1 Answer 1


No, since an Indian citizen needs a Schengen Visa to enter the Schengen Area, you are still required to get a visa.

Only residence permits of a Schengen country can be used as a visa replacement when visiting another Schengen country (togeather with the passport).

Your UK residence permit allows you to apply for a Schengen Visa from within the United Kingdom and must be valid for at least three months longer than intended return date (the same rule applies for your passport).


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.