I'm a Canadian (non-EU national) remote software developer with German residence/work permit. I want to live with my non-Dutch EU girlfriend in the Netherlands who will be going to school in Amsterdam (she is not yet registered in the municipality, and will not be earning salary).

Is there any way I would be able to get a Dutch residence permit to be able to rent out an apartment together, so that we can meet minimum income requirements for housing contracts? Are there more options if we enter a registered partnership?

If I apply and receive an EU blue card, can I reside in Netherlands while continuing to work in Germany?

I have also already completed a Working Holiday Scheme for the Netherlands.

Any help is appreciated!

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.